Prince died of opioid overdose

Prince died of opioid overdose

Published
By jimieye from flickr.com - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimieye/ - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimieye/503297960/, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2308553

Washington (Talk Media News) – Music icon Prince died of an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl, records released Thursday from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s office state.

Prince Rogers Nelson, better known by just his first name, was found unresponsive on April 21 in an elevator inside his home, known as Paisley Park, in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

All other data surrounding the late performer’s medical examination has been deemed private or nonpublic under Minnesota law.

Fentanyl is a schedule II prescription drug used to treat severe pain that is considered far more potent than both heroin and morphine. Fentanyl was responsible for 514 unintentional overdose deaths in 2014, according to the most recent data from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).

Prince, known for hits like “When Doves Cry,”  “Purple Rain,” and “Little Red Corvette,” had 40 singles on Billboard’s weekly top 100 chart between 1981 and 2004, including five that reached the top spot.

  • Subscribe to Talk Media News


  • NO COMMENTS

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.